What is Offline Marketing?
In general, offline marketing is that type of marketing in which the advertisement is done on different types of platforms except for the online media. This type of marketing is the traditional method of marketing and has been in use before the arrival of the internet and is still being used widely by almost all big and small companies who are willing to maintain their position in the market.
Now the offline kind of marketing compromises of several methods and thus the advertiser ha got plenty of options to choose from. People usually see various kinds of advertisements in the newspapers or television these are all a part of offline marketing. This advertisement can be directly or in the form of a partnership project.
While traveling people also get to see large hoardings promoting some kind of products, this again is a perfect example of offline marketing. Over time the methods of offline marketing have evolved a lot and are now able to reach up to a maximum number of people.
The main objective of offline marketing is to make one’s business popular by reaching out to a maximum number of people. Now this kind of marketing can be for all kinds of consumers or the targeted ones.
It totally depends upon the company that is advertising their product. With the help of the offline marketing the companies or the business who are advertising are able to increase the popularity of their brand, escalate the sales of the product, generate ample revenue, maximize their profit margin and also it helps the companies to cover for the gap that is there between the service provider and the consumer.
The offline marketing is used by all kinds of business be it a commercial one or a non-commercial one. The products are advertised globally without the use of any internet platform. Now since there is so much that can be done in the offline marketing, the companies need to make a proper stagy in which they will be advertising their products so that more and more people can get aware about it.
If one fails to make proper planning before using the offline method of marketing, it may cause some adverse effects on the products and the brand value. Offline marketing is quite useful because not all kinds of business can have their own online website. Many businesses are there that still persist without online support. Now for a business like this to survive the competitive market, the offline method becomes quite helpful.
Offline Marketing Examples
Offline marketing has proved to be quite effective when it comes to building and supporting any firm or business entity whether it is online or offline. Many of the experts in marketing understand the importance of offline marketing and how it can impact a large set of demographics in a positive manner.
These days since the online media to has become a powerful platform for the business to flourish people have been using the combination of both the online and offline methods of advertising their products.
For example, the company Ford uses offline media like television, print media like the newspaper and other methods to advertise their products. Along with that, they have also combined it with the online marketing providing predominate urls which will have all the information regarding the vehicle.
What is the need for offline marketing?
Now in a world where the online platforms have been ruling this era the very first question that comes in mind is that what is the need for the offline marketing when the majority of the people have access to the online media? The answer lies in the question itself! This is because the ‘majority’ of the demographics have access to the online media but not ‘everyone’!
According to recent stats, it has been found that only 48% of the total population is actively using the internet in some way or the other rest all are still deprived of the internet. Majority of this section that does not use the internet belong to either the rural or backward areas or poor sectors, etc.
Now since the companies have to target their customers in mass they simply can’t rely on the internet for the advertising. But with the help of offline marketing, they can reach out to people who are far from the reach of the internet.
Even if someone has no television and does not read the newspaper, still they can come in contact with an advertisement via the hoarding or the billboards and the radio broadcasts. Thus the need for offline marketing can never be replaced with the online platform.
Thus even though it appears like the arrival of the internet would bring an end the advertising through print media, it does not seem to come true in the near future whatsoever. Also according to one recent research that was conducted by Google, it was found out that many people get aware about the product or the brand by first knowing about it through the online method like the newspaper, radio, and television and then go to the online sites to search for the products.
Therefore the offline marketing is very essential for the companies and business to increase the popularity of their brand and hence increase the sales of their products.
What are the advantages of offline marketing?
- There is one of the many benefits of offline marketing that has been proven time and again. With the offline marketing, it becomes easy to convert the customers into potential buyers as they get to see that same ad in many different ways on print media like the newspaper, television and even hear about it on the radios. This way it brings out the maximum possibility to increase one’s customer base.
- It makes the business more tangible as a result of which the customers actually get to have a look at the products in persons and not just virtually on the website.
- With the help of offline marketing, not just the new generation but also the older generation of customers can be reached out. Mostly the internet is being used by people who belong to the new generation but there are still many old people who belong to the older generation and they too can be potential buyers.
- There are plenty of ways to communicate with your customers so that the companies can advertise it even more. So even if the customers don’t read the newspaper they still come across the ad on television. If they don’t also watch television, there is still radio for that. And if the consumer is devoid of all of these, he or she will surely come across one of the many hoardings advertising that product.
What are the disadvantages of offline marketing?
- The method of offline marketing costs a lot. This is because, in the offline mode, one simply has to advertise on one platform but many. They have to advertise on television, radio, and print media and through billboards. All of this will require investing a lot of money. Thus the cost of advertising in the offline marketing is a lot.
- The other disadvantage is that this process is very time-consuming. one needs to invest a lot of time in making and then printing it in the newspaper. Also advertising on radio or television to are a time-consuming process.
- Also it is difficult to track the outcomes of the offline marketing. Since in offline marketing no software is used to track and monitor the behaviors of the consumers it becomes a little difficult to understand how many customers are really interested in the product and how many are not.
- And although with the help of the offline marketing, one gets to reach to people who do not have access to the internet, still the reachability of the offline marketing is limited to some extent. This is because the money factor comes in between. If there is a big company then they will invest more money thus will advertise more but if there is a small company which can’t afford to invest a lot may not be able to reach out to many people.
Thus the offline marketing still holds an important position in the advertising industry. No matter how dominating the internet can be, one simply can’t ignore the benefits of offline marketing as it helps a lot in increasing sales.